- Drink more water. I recommend 50% of your body weight in ounces. Start your morning with warm water & lemon. This will gently break the night of fasting, rehydrate, regenerate & stimulate your digestive system. You will find the more water you drink, the more energy & better skin you will have!
- Get moving. You don’ need to be a marathoner to be successful at exercising. Start slowly. 20-30 minutes three times a week is plenty. Find a healthy balance. How about setting your alarm 20 minutes earlier to get your blood moving before starting the day. A simple morning walk on the treadmill is all you need!
- Manage Stress. Stress is just as deadly as a bad diet. It elevates cortisol, increase hunger & disrupts your gut bacteria. Stress can undo the perfect diet. Try to be mindful & aware of your stress levels throughout the day.
- Detox your beauty products. The average women slathers on 168 chemicals & sprays before ever leaving the house. A lot of those “mineral” make-ups actually contain bismuth and/or lead. Learn about your cosmetics, sprays & lotions. Your skin is your biggest organ – chemicals get absorbed through it, ending up in your bloodstream.
- Eat Real food!! It is just that – single one ingredient foods. Do you see an ingredient label on an avocado? The Standard American Diet is not food! It is high calorie, over processed, overloaded with chemically altered sugars, hormones, fats & GMO’s..making it chemical junk! This leads to metabolic malfunction, obesity & inflammation! Research has show that eating whole foods & healthier fats, stimulates weight loss, reverses diabetes, heart disease & even dementia.
- Eat Fat. We have been brainwashed to believe that fats make us fat. Highly processed, sugar filled foods will make you fat. According to Dr. Hyman, at the Cleveland Clinic Integrative Medicine Center, “dietary fat affects your brain chemistry by turning off the craving & addiction centers making it easy to naturally regulate your appetite. Fat is the key ingredient for proper brain, mood & nerve function. Swap out vegetable, canola & corn oils for coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil & avocado oil.
- Find the cause of your symptoms. If you are having gas, bloating, brain fog, acid reflux, acne, psoriasis or any other kind of inflammatory processes – know why! Taking anti-acids, analgesics, proton pump inhibitors is not getting to the root cause. If you were sitting on a tack would you take a pain killer or remove the tack?
It is usually something on your plate that causes inflammation. I believe, “All disease begins in the gut.” – Hippocrates.
Approximately 92% of people fall short of their New Year’s Resolutions. Will you be one of them this new year or will you choose a sustainable path?
We can help you with your health related goals please contact us at http://www.integrativewh.com/