Looking for something new to watch On Demand? Well look no further… The Interventional Initiative (Oakland, CA) and Evolve Media Production (San Francisco, CA, and New York, NY) announce distribution of Episode 3: HYSTERical of Without a Scalpel on Amazon Video On Demand.
The Documentary series, Without a Scalpel is a fascinating glimpse inside the dramatic journeys of regular people transformed by crisis, but saved by specialized doctors performing incredible, cutting-edge procedures deep inside the body, without a scalpel.
Episode 3: HYSTERical takes place in Chicago, IL where three young women who have never even met have a common story and one that more than 7.5 million women in the US unknowingly share. Each woman has a unique story about how this condition is destroying her quality of life and challenging her trust in the healthcare system, doctors and insurance companies… until they meet a very dedicated doctor who has the skills to treat what no one else could. It seems they have finally found an answer until another obstacle arises.
The first documentary series of its kind, Without a Scalpel offers an inside glimpse into a fascinating and innovative field of medicine where major diseases are tackled through a pinhole in the skin. This must see series follows the dramatic journeys of regular people whose lives are transformed by illness but restored by specialized doctors performing incredible, cutting-edge procedures… without a scalpel.
Without a Scalpel also provides a rare look inside the lives of these dedicated doctors who specialize in a field called Interventional Radiology. Armed with x-ray vision and their sophisticated tools and fueled by an intense passion to help their patients, these doctors offer powerful alternatives to conventional treatments like surgery. Their minimally invasive techniques allow their patients to return to their lives sooner with simply a Band-Aid®. These cutting-edge treatments, called minimally invasive, image-guided procedures (MIIPs), can treat a wide range of diseases including cancer, stroke, aneurysms, infections, infertility, fibroids, and bleeding. But, what if you or a family member were ill but did not know about these treatment options? In fact, most people have never heard of MIIPs, even if one could save their life.
For more information on the documentary Without a Scalpel check out their website www.withoutascalpel.com.
By Jeff Tomaszewski, Chief Life Transformer, MaxStrength Fitness
Brace yourself. According to Rod K. Dishman, Ph.D., director of the Behavioral Fitness Laboratory at the University of Georgia, nearly 50 percent of people who begin an exercise program drop out within the first 6 months. The question is, “Why”? What is it about sticking with a fitness routine that causes so many people abandon it?
The answer? Motivation.
They don’t want health and fitness badly enough. It is a simple fact of human psychology that if we want something badly enough, we’ll do everything we can to get it.
Your challenge is to find out what motivates you to get serious about fitness and stick with it.
Unlocking your motivation
When Bryan Reece was told by his doctors that he was minutes away from a heart attack, Bryan decided to fight back. Even though he had not been in a gym for 30 years, he turned his life around and eventually became a finisher in the Arizona Ironman competition. You can read his story in the book, You Are an Ironman: How Six Weekend Warriors Chased Their Dream of Finishing the World’s Toughest Triathlon by Jacques Steinberg.
You do not have to be part of that 50 percent who quit.
You can stay committed and finish strong. It is all about finding what motivates you personally. Here are some possible motivators for you:
- Do it for your health. Consistent exercise and healthy eating are the two very best things you can do for your health. You will develop a strong, healthy heart, reduce your chances of many cancers, prevent diabetes, keep a sharp mind and resist dementia, and avoid many of the common ailments that come with aging. It is possible to age without decay, and the key to this is exercise and eating well.
- Do it to look better. Appearance isn’t everything, but most of us care how we look. A strong and healthy person just looks good. And it isn’t all physical. Your demeanor will change as you develop the confidence that comes from the discipline of fitness. You will appear more energetic and confident because you will be more energetic and confident!
- Do it to relieve stress. Really! It isn’t a cliché. Exercising really does cause physical changes in your brain and nervous system that results in feelings of calmness and well-being. In fact, you may get so hooked on the mental benefits of exercise that you will crave it!
- Do it to be strong. If you have never done focused weight training, then you literally have no idea of the total transformation that you will feel after just a few weeks. There is nothing like bending over to pick something up that normally results in discomfort, strain and even pain, only to find out that it is a piece of cake! And by getting strong now, you reduce your risk of age-related falls and fractures because you have the core strength and balance to keep yourself stable.
It is worth taking the time to discover the powerful motivators in your life. Don’t worry about “bribing” yourself, do what it takes to get yourself moving. Find out what makes working hard worth it. Find out what you want more than that brownie. Your health is at stake; in fact, your very life is at stake. It’s time to transform yourself.
At MaxStrength Fitness we are in the life transformation business! Request your FREE initial consultation and demo workout at www.maxstrengthfitness.com. After all, you deserve it!
Jeff Tomaszewski, owner of MaxStrength Fitness in Westlake, is a certified athletic trainer and strength and conditioning specialist. He is a graduate of Case Western Reserve University and holds a master’s degree in exercise physiology. Jeff is also a personal trainer and professional body-builder committed to helping clients achieve their health and fitness goals. Visit www.maxstrengthfitness.com or call 440.835.9090.
- Acknowledge the Harassment or Assault Happened – Sit with it for a bit. Feel how you feel about it, let yourself cry, scream or whatever it is you need to do.
- Let It All Out – Tell someone. Find someone you trust to tell what happened to you… a friend, a family member or counselor.
- Take a Closer Look – Look at the situation and see how It has affected your life, both in bad and good ways. Has it made you stronger? Has it held you back?
- Throw Out Your Baggage – Seek help. Find a counselor or healing professional who can assist you in throwing out the baggage once and for all.
- Change Your Perception – You can choose how this situation affects you going forward. Perhaps you will create a new career path because of this, one that is more fulfilling.
- Step into Your Power – Take your control back by saying no to things you that aren’t in alignment with your wants.
- Embrace Your Value – Match your thoughts and feelings to your expectations and life goals. You will realize you are worthy and deserving of the best in your life.
- Accept Change – Stay in the moment and move forward; don’t look back.
- Love Yourself – Take care of yourself first. Exercise and then go to work or pick up the kids.
- Serve Others – Helping others can be very positive as it increases your feelings of self-worth. Volunteer at a local animal shelter or help clean up your local park.
By Debbie Kacic, LMT
Here at Nature’s Touch, we advise our clients to make New Year’s Resolutions with extreme caution. Why, you may ask? Th e reason isn’t because we don’t have faith in our clients, but rather we know what the implications may be if those resolutions don’t come to fruition.
To help you start this journey of self-love, I have put together three tips that I practice as daily reminders to love the body I was blessed with. When you love yourself, you’ll start doing things to care for your health and wellbeing.
• RECITE DAILY AFFIRMATIONS. It may feel silly at first, but tell yourself how much you love YOU! Feeling pressure that your house isn’t always clean? Tell yourself how wonderful you are for providing a roof over your family’s head. This change in mind set can have a huge impact on your overall outlook on life.
• PRACTICE MEDITATION. Taking 15 minutes out of the day to sit quietly and peacefully can calm the mind and can help you refocus, recharge, and reconnect with yourself.
• FIND YOUR PASSION. One of the reasons why New Year’s Resolutions crumble to quickly is because we commit to something unrealistic. Consider something your heart has been yearning to do but still fi ts in your life. An activity such as taking a dance class, trying yoga, or working with a massage therapist to understand your body on a deeper level. Whatever it may be, find something that you can be passionate about that really focuses on YOU.
Promoting self-love is the first step in becoming the best version of you. While massage therapy is our main service offering, we also do our best to guide you as you make this new commitment. We spend time talking to our clients when they come in to make them feel comfortable. No matter what shape or size you may be, there is no judgement.
If you are ready to commit to becoming the healthiest and happiest version of you and making this year your best year yet, call our office at 330-721-9357 or make an appointment using our online booking system. We wish you a healthy, joyful 2019!